Online doctor services are a new phenomenon that are quickly gaining popularity in the medical industry. The best doctors online services have many advantages over traditional healthcare because they’re convenient, affordable, and can be easily personalized.
Let’s review some of the best online doctors for prescriptions, diagnosis, and guidance.
What are online healthcare services?
Many patients have embraced the idea of online healthcare in recent years, since it has been proven to be a cheaper and more efficient way for people to get access to healthcare. It is also a less intrusive way for patients to receive their care in comparison to traditional healthcare. Thanks to some of the best online doctor consultations, patients don’t have to go through any uncomfortable procedures that may make them feel intimidated or uncomfortable. The doctor can provide diagnosis and treatment plans via email, phone, or video consultation.
There are many benefits to online doctor services. First of all, they’re convenient because you can use them to access healthcare from anywhere in the world. Secondly, these services are affordable because there are no fees for consultations or prescriptions. Finally, they can be customized to your needs and preferences at any time. According to the CDC, home healthcare services allow patients to provide assistance to patient groups that would otherwise be unable to access healthcare.
Who can use online consultation platforms?
Having a doctor consultation online can be a great option for many people, including those who have busy everyday schedules that make it difficult to go to their medical appointments. Telemedicine has also made it possible for patients from remote or rural areas to have easier access to a wide range of healthcare professionals, such as specialist physicians, and therapists.
Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that getting a medical consultation online may not always be the best choice. There are certain instances in which it’s imperative to see a healthcare professional in person, such as when you’re experiencing a medical emergency that requires immediate treatment. You’ll also need to go to the doctor if you need any type of physical examination.
Now, let’s go over some of the best health doctors online.
What are the best online doctor services?
- Price range: $69-$249
- Communication methods: LetsGetChecked has a team of highly-skilled nurses that are available to answer your questions 24/7.
- Services available: this company offers a wide range of lab tests online, including STD testing, and other wellness and medical tests to choose from.
- Wait time: once you return your samples for testing, results for most tests are available within 2-5 business days.
- Pros: this provider is very trustworthy, and all tests are processed at labs that are CLIA, CPA, INAB approved, and CAP-accredited. This service allows you to get tested for numerous conditions without having to schedule a clinic or lab appointment.
- Cons: some tests aren’t offered individually, so you’ll need to get them as part of a testing pack. Additionally, results can be inaccurate if you don’t collect your samples correctly.
- Insurance acceptance: LetsGetChecked doesn’t currently accept insurance
- Medicine prescribed: LetsGetChecked has a pharmacy service and offers treatment options after having a medical online consultation, although restrictions apply in some US states. In some cases, medication may be shipped free-of-charge.
- Follow-up consultation included: You can schedule a follow-up consultation at an affordable price if any of your tests come back positive.
2. myLAB Box
- Price range: $36-$499
- Communication methods: you can contact myLAB Box through their online customer service chat, phone number, or email.
- Services available: this company offers more than 50 different test kits online. including STD, wellness, nutrition, and COVID-19 testing, among others.
- Wait time: test results are typically available 1-5 days after you send your samples back for testing.
- Pros: this provider includes free and discrete 2-day shipping. It uses labs that are CAP and CLIA certified, and it’s also listed by the CDC and registered with the FDA.
- Cons: some customers have reported shipping delays in the past; however, there are many factors that could be affecting shipping times.
- Insurance acceptance: myLAB Box doesn’t accept insurance at this time, but you can pay using FSA / HSA cards.
- Medicine prescribed: treatment is prescribed if you get positive results for different tests, including many STDs.
- Follow-up consultation included: any positive test results include a free online medical consultation.
3. Health Testing Centers
- Price range: $11-$739
- Communication methods: customer service is provided through email and phone numbers.
- Services available: Health Testing Centers focuses on providing direct-to-consumer lab tests, and they offer a wide range of lab tests that cover many medical specialties. You can use this service to schedule a traditional lab appointment with one of their partners, or use an at-home testing kit.
- Wait time: most results are available within 1-2 days; however, specialized tests have longer wait times.
- Pros: this company offers numerous tests, which include uncommon and specialized testing offers.
- Cons: the company doesn’t offer follow-up consultations from a physician or nursing practitioner, and they don’t ship treatment if your tests come back positive.
- Insurance acceptance: this provider doesn’t accept insurance at this time.
- Medicine prescribed: Health Testing Centers doesn’t provide treatment.
- Follow-up consultation included: this company features a voluntary Laboratory Scientist program which allows you to ask follow-up questions that will be answered by a volunteer laboratorian.
4. Priority STD Testing
- Price range: $59-$189, which ranks them among the cheapest online doctors and medical services.
- Communication methods: there are counselors available to provide guidance if needed, and you can contact the company via phone call.
- Services available: this provider focuses its services on STD testing, with more than 4,000 testing centers available.
- Wait time: test results are usually available after 1-3 days.
- Pros: this company offers convenient individual and panel STD test kits. All their tests are processed in CLIA-accredited labs.
- Cons: Priority STD Testing doesn’t offer other medical services. The company doesn’t provide at-home test kits, and you’ll need to visit a testing facility.
- Insurance acceptance: this provider doesn’t accept insurance.
- Medicine prescribed: this company has partnered with other online family doctors so patients can get their prescriptions if needed.
- Follow-up consultation included: partner physicians offer follow-up consultations if your test results come back positive.
- Price range: $0-$284
- Communication methods: you can contact the company via email or phone call.
- Services available: MDLIVE offers a wide range of medical services, including primary care, urgent care, mental health, and dermatology.
- Wait time: you can request an appointment 24/7, but wait times for appointments can vary.
- Pros: this company offers care through board-certified physicians and therapists.
- Cons: MDLIVE doesn’t provide care for specific conditions.
- Insurance acceptance: MDLIVE accepts different insurance plans.
- Medicine prescribed: this company provides different medication management services, and their physicians can prescribe treatment for a number of conditions.
- Follow-up consultation included: MDLIVE plans offer follow-up consultations for medication management.
Healthcare Workers: Home Healthcare - cdc.gov